Grilled Honey Lime Cilantro Chicken
Pairs great with The Federalist Zinfandel, Lodi, CA
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, or thighs
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut amino
- 2 TBSP ginger paste(in produce section)
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
In a small bowl combine lime juice, honey, soy sauce, ginger, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and let marinade for 8 hours or overnight. Reserve ½ cup to spoon over chicken when plating.
Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Grill each side of the chicken for about 3-4 minutes or until cooked throughout, basting with marinade while grilling. Serve with your favorite sides.