Honey Garlic Chicken with Fresh Peach Salsa (serves 4)
Pairs great with Kendall Jackson Sauvignon Blanc
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 5-6 oz each
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon thyme
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic puree
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper
For the Peach Salsa
- 2 fresh peaches large diced
1 jalapeño small diced
- ¼ cup cilantro lightly chopped
2 tablespoons fresh mint lightly chopped
- ½ medium red onion small diced
- 1 cup heirloom grape tomatoes cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt to taste
In a large bowl, combine thyme, garlic, smoked paprika, olive oil, honey, and lemon juice. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the chicken for 4-6 hours.
Preheat oven to 375. Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet and warm over medium high heat. Sear chicken on both sides until browned. Add to a baking sheet and pour remainder of marinade on top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 165.
While chicken is cooking, chop peaches, jalapenos, cilantro, mint, red onion, and grape tomatoes. Combine in a bowl and top with chili powder, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, and salt. Mix together.
Top chicken with peach salsa and serve with your favorite sides.