Baked Pesto Rubbed Cod
Pairs great with Chateau St. Michelle Sauvignon Blanc, Columbia Valley, WA
- 4 cod fillets (around 6-8 ounces each)
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil
juice from half a large lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- a few generous grinds of fresh black pepper
- Additional lemon wedges, for serving
For the pesto:
- 2 packed cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup fresh grated Asiago or Parmesan
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- Juice from half a large lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
First zest the lemon and place the zest in the work bowl of a food processor. Cut the lemon in half.
Squeeze the juice from one lemon half into a glass baking dish. Add the oil, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. Whisk with a fork to blend. Add the cod to the baking dish and turn several times to coat. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
In the food processor bowl juice the other lemon half and add to the zest. Then add the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pulse until finely chopped. While the machine is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Process until just combined.