Mediterranean-Style Baked Grouper with Tomatoes and Olives
Pairs great with this Columbia Valley, WA Sauvignon Blanc
Easy baked grouper recipe, prepared Mediterranean-style with a few spices and bold fresh flavors, including garlic, lemon juice, tomatoes and olives.
Ready in just over 20 minutes, this healthy, low-carb baked fish recipe is perfect for any night of the week
- 1 ½ lb grouper fillet (or a similar fish such as snapper, or cod) cut into 4 portions
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 jar prepared sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 large lemon, more for later
- Mediterranean style extra virgin olive oil
- 6 to 8 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 to 12 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- Chopped fresh dill (about ¼ oz or so)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the fish dry and season with salt on both sides. In a small bowl, combine the spices, (basil, oregano, paprika, and black pepper), and season the fish with the spice mixture on both sides. Then spoon 1 tbsp pesto over each portion.
- Drizzle oil into a baking dish and add minced garlic and lemon juice to the dish. Place seasoned fish on top and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil. Arrange cherry tomatoes and olives on top of the fish fillets.
- Bake in heated oven for 12 to 13 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and easily flakes with a fork.
- Remove from heat and top with fresh dill